Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Finally A Scientific Miracle:Stem Cell Breakthrough Uses No Embryos

I read this story and thought it would be a great thing to share. Here are my feelings about it and the controversy of the posts below the original AOL story.

There was a photo shown on AOL a few years ago of a baby getting surgery in the first trimester. That baby was reaching out its hand to grab the scalpel. This was enough to prove to me that an "embryo" is very much a real person. The picture was pulled very quickly and I'm sure I know why, people having agendas as they do. Calling an unborn child an embryo is no different then calling someone a racial slur. It is meant to demean and discredit that person's existence and validity by the use of a word. In this era we could do well to learn the value of all life, born or unborn, regardless of race, creed, religion or origin.

That said, I believe in the sanctity of life. I do not support stem cell research involving embryos, but this breakthrough is a wonderful thing because we have the capacity now to work with one miracle without defiling another.

People who compromise value to achieve results are nothing more than lacking in character and just plain lazy.

My salute to the scientists for breaking through this obstacle so that now we may be able to not only save life, but without giving up a part of our soul to do it.